Location. Location. Location.
Located in LA County, just 50 miles from the city of Los Angeles
In February 2017, the City of Lancaster passed an ordinance allowing the city to license medical marijuana businesses in concert with the Medical Cannabis Regulation and Safety Act (MAUCRSA) for the State of California. The Ordinance is designed to implement a highly regulated legal and compliance structure.
The Ordinance only allows licensing for medical cannabis cultivation and manufacturing. The Ordinance gives the City flexibility to amend it to allow for additional licensing in the future. Lancaster is located 50 miles from Los Angeles, the largest medical cannabis retail market in the state.
Medical + Adult Use Cannabis Regulation & Safety Act (MAUCRSA)
The act allows for state licensing of cultivators, manufacturers, dispensaries, distributors and testing labs. The State requires dual licensing (local and state). It also requires individual plant tagging (unique identifiers), which the Lancaster ordinance requires to be implemented for all potential cultivators as part of their comprehensive security plan. All cannabis businesses shall be required to have a seed to sale track-and-trace point of sale system to track inventory and revenue.
Lancaster’s Competitive Advantage
- It is one of the only municipalities to allow for volatile extraction
- It is the only city in LA County to allow for mixed light cultivation on non-agriculturally zoned land (subject to final approval)
- Lancaster has 100% renewable energy.
- It is located in Los Angeles County and is only 50 miles to downtown LA
- The City is issuing a limited number of Conditional Use Permits (CUPs), and we have one of the first.
The property is highlighted in RED. The 14 freeway (highlighted in turquoise) is just 4 miles east of the property for easy access to Los Angeles or Northern California.